Grand Tour: Barcelona to Alpe d'Huez
grand tour: the ride of a lifetime
barcelona to alpe d'huez
Join us for an epic month long journey cycling around 2000km from Barcelona to Alpe d'Huez!
Our 2018 Grand Tour is a once in a lifetime multi-region journey, traversing the most picturesque cycling regions in Europe, taking you from Spain to Italy to France with a spectacular finish on Alpe d'Huez to see the 2018 Tour de France!
Our Grand Tour is for those who want a longer & extended cycling tour, through a vast array of regions, cultures and terrain, covering around 2000km in one month, from the 21st of June to the 21st of July, 2018.
The itinerary has been carefully crafted to showcase the best cycling Europe has to offer - from Barcelona to the Mediterranean islands of Sardinia & Corsica, followed by the iconic cycling destinations of southern France including Provence & the Luberon Valley, Mont Ventoux and the French Alps. Not to mention a finish on Alpe d'Huez to see the Queen Stage of the 2018 Tour de France!
- $9600 AUD per person twin share - this includes complimentary accommodation in Nice for 3 nights between each Stage of the Tour
- Single supplement $1050
- Complimentary tent and mat hire
- See inclusions below
You have almost 3 full days at your leisure in Nice, the spectacular capital of the Cote d'Azur.
- Relax - remember, you've just cycled for 12 days, so make sure you give your body some time to recover. Enjoy the beach, the narrow streets of the old town, world-class museums, galleries, restaurants and cafes.
- Cycling - There's also some fantastic riding out of Nice - from scenic coastal roads to Villefranche, the perched village of Eze or if you're after some climbing - the Col de la Madone or Turini are nearby.
- Thursday 21 June: Meet in Barcelona, pre dinner welcome drinks & briefing near our hotel.
- 22 June: Loop ride in and around Barcelona, overnight ferry to Sardinia for 11 days spectacular cycling through Sardinia & Corsica.
- 2 July: Final day cycling in Corsica. Afternoon ferry and a hotel in Nice.
- 3 July: After breakfast, we farewell departing cyclists & friends who have joined us for the Barcelona to Nice stage. You now have 3 days at your leisure in Nice, the capital of the Cote d'Azur.
- 6 July: In the evening we welcome new cyclists to the group with welcome drinks & briefing at a cafe near our hotel.
- 7 July: First day cycling out of Nice. We ride in to the hinterland of the Cote d'Azur with a climb up the Col du Vence.
- 20 July: Our final ride day - a loop to watch the Tour de France Stage Start in Bourg d'Oisans in the French Alps. A celebratory final dinner.
- 21 July: Farewell! The epic journey has come to an end. You make your own onward travel arrangements from the French Alps.