M2V17 Tour Inclusions
milan to venice 2017 AT A GLANCE
- 13 day / 12 night cycling holiday
- 80-100km per day
- 7 hotel nights
- 5 camp nights
- 7 group evening meals
- Daily breakfasts
- 8 afternoon teas
- Support vehicle / "sag wagon"
- Daily maps, route notes
- GPS (garmin) route uploads
- Accessible start/finish towns
- Cycling along the shores of Lago di Como past ornate villas and beautiful gardens and camping by the lake
- The climb to the Madonna del Ghisallo cycling chapel, a cyclist's pilgrimage
- The cycle routes along the Valtellina, rich in culture and famed for their red wines
- Conquering the famous climbs of the Italian Alps & Giro d’Italia: the Passo dello Stelvio, Mortirolo and Gavia
- The Via Claudia Augusta, an old Roman road that is now a sealed off-road cycle path along the Adige river valley
- The cosmopolitan northern Italian towns of Merano and Bolzano
- The spectacular rock formations and mountain villages in the Dolomites
- 3 nights in Corvara, a cyclists paradise in the heart of the Dolomites
- Riding the Dolomite's Sella Ronda - arguably one of the most stunning cycle loops in the world.
- Cycling through the rolling vineyards of Valdobbiadene, home to Italy's famous sparkling wine: Prosecco!
- A spectacular finale arriving in Venice
- The food and wine of northern Italy and being able to eat as much as you like!
*Please note that this itinerary may change slightly subject to accommodation bookings.
- 12 nights accommodation in 2-3 star hotels (7 nights) and quality campgrounds in spectacular locations (5 nights)
- 11 days cycling with detailed route notes, maps and GPS compatible up-loadable routes
- Wide Open Road support crew who have an intimate knowledge of the cycling, regions, culture and cuisines
- Daily breakfasts
- 8 cyclist friendly afternoon teas to re-fuel after your ride with a focus on local produce
- 7 group evening meals - high quality, regional cuisine with wine
- Your luggage is carried each day in our van
- Support vehicle
- Mechanical support for your bicycle
- Quality tent and mattress hire available on request
- Large communal campground marquee for group breakfasts and afternoon teas
what's not included?
- Transfers to our starting hotel in Milan or away from our finish hotel in Venice (we can recommend an Australia based travel agent who regularly assists WOR customers to travel from Australia to join our tours)
- Your bicycle, spare parts (let us know if interested in cycle hire)
- Lunches and other evening meals, specialised sports drinks
- Alcoholic beverages other than those included in group meals
- Tents, sleeping mats (available fore hire)
- Cost per person: $AUD 4090 (twin share hotel nights)
- Single supplement for hotel nights: $AUD 450
- Tent hire: $75 (2 person tent - perfect for 1 person), $95 (3 person tent, ideal for 2 people)
- New inflatable mattress: single $30, double $40
- WOR cycle tour jersey and/or kit (available online early 2017)
- Extra hotel nights at start/finish upon request