Grand Tour: Nice-Alps-Milan-Venice
grand tour: the ride of a lifetime
4 weeks: nice to alpe d'huez and milan to venice
For an extended cycling holiday through some of the most iconic and picturesque cycling regions of France and Italy, consider joining our Nice to Alpe d'Huez and Milan to Venice rides. This would make an epic month of cycling, from 9 July to 8 August 2017, including a 3 day break in between. Travel between Alpe d'Huez & Milan is easy, and we'll even transport your bike for you!
- $9000 AUD per person twin share
- Single supplement $1100
- Complimentary tent and mat hire
- Free transport of your bike/bag from Alpe d'Huez to Milan
- Option to join our Milan-Venice tour in Como
grenoble - milan connections
- We can transport your bike, bike bag / box and any other luggage in our van
- Train from Grenoble to Milan is a 4-5 hour journey with 1 change.
what to do in between trips?
- Alpe d'Huez is a stunning place to stay for a few extra nights. You could relax, do some walking in the mountains, catch a cable car to Pic Blanc - there's endless opportunities! Check out the Alpe d'Huez website for ideas.
Grenoble is a cosmopolitan city and could be worth spending a couple of nights to see the sights.
Milan also is famed for its world-class art and architecture, and of course - shopping! It may be worth visiting for an extra night or two.
Como is also an easy rail connection with Grenoble. Relaxing by Lake Como would be a beautiful way to spend a few days and you'd then meet the group on the second day of our Milan-Venice ride (Friday 28 July).
- Relax - remember, you've just cycled 14 days and around 1000km with many thousand meters of altitude gain. Make sure you allow some time to let your body recover.
- Sunday 9 July: Meet in Nice, pre dinner welcome drinks near our hotel. On the Monday, we set off for our first day on the bike.
- Monday 24 July: Wake up in your hotel in Alpe d'Huez after the final night with the Nice-Alps group.
- You now have 4 days to relax and 3 nights accommodation to organise yourself, with plenty of options to keep you entertained and relaxed!
- Thursday 27 July: Meet fellow Milan-Venice cyclists in Milan. Overnight in our hotel in Milan (included)
- Friday 28 July: First day on the bike for the Milan-Venice ride
- Monday 7 August: Last day on the bike - cycling in to Venice for a celebration by the canals! Overnight in hotel (included).
- Tuesday 8 August: Farewell in Venice.