TOUR DE FRANCE 2017
The Ultimate Tour de France Cycling Holiday | See Highlight Mountain Stages of 2017 Tour de France | Fully Supported Cycling Holiday to see the Tour de France | French Alps / Pyrenees | Ride the Epic Climbs of the Tour de France
Our 2017 Tour de France cycling holiday itinerary will be confirmed in mid-October, when the route of the 2017 Tour de France is announced.
Currently, only Tour Director Christian Prudhomme knows where the Tour will go, but this will all be confirmed on the 17th of October at the Palais de Congres in Paris! We will then time and tailor our 2017 Tour de France cycling tour to provide the best possible holiday experience for you - to see the best stages in the best locations! Our bookings will open shortly thereafter.
In 2016 we cycled from Bordeaux to Barcelona and watched the Tour de France in heart of the Pyrenees, where we saw Froome attack on the Col du Peyresourde to take the yellow jersey and then we watched a Stage Start in Vielha, Spain!
In 2015 we cycled from Nice to Alpe d'Huez, timing our arrival in the Alps to perfection, where we joined the party atmosphere on Alpe d'Huez to see Nairo Quintana and Froome battle it out for the yellow jersey! Our hotel was superbly located on the mountain itself, where we spent 3 nights amongst the atmosphere and action of the Tour de France!
wide open road
tour de france 2017
- Dates: Exact dates TBC following release of the 2017 Tour de France route. However, dates are likely to be mid-late July (during the window of 7 - 28 July)
- Duration: 2 week cycling holiday
- Cost: Approx. $AUD 5000 twin share (Single supp extra)
- Bookings: $800 deposit to secure your spot on the ride (this ride sold-out the last 3 years)
- Inclusions: All accommodation, daily breakfasts, afternoon teas most days and half the evening meals. Mechanical support, sag wagon, luggage transfer, daily route notes and GPS uploads.
- Stages: We will watch 2-3 highlight stages of the 2017 Tour de France in either the French Alps or the Pyrenees
- Meals: Cyclist-size dinners, daily breakfasts, afternoon teas
- Support: Mechanical support, daily route notes, GPS-uploads, maps and profiles
- Flexible: Ride as much or as little as you want each day
- Start/Finish: TBC following release of the 2017 Tour de France route (17 October 2017)
Why see the 2017
Tour de france
with Wide Open Road?
- Outstanding value: Around half the daily price of other Tour companies!
- Stages: See highlight mountain stages in the Pyrenees or Alps - we time our holiday to perfection each year!
- Riding: Ride each day - we don't use buses to transport you - our rides are point to point and we tend to base ourself in the Pyrenees/Alps for 3-4 days so you can see the Tour de France & complete loop rides from our hotel of varying distances (your choice!).
- Accommodation: We have hotel partners located in the best locations in the Pyrenees and French Alps to ensure you are close to the action and don't have far to ride after watching each stage.
- We have 12+ years experience running tours to visit the Tour de France, so we ensure you are in the best locations to view the race, understand how road-closures work, sort out the food and cold drinks and organise road-side picnics and BBQs (being Aussies, we always make sure there's always a cold drink on ice)!
- Fun group atmosphere with like minded cyclists!
- Visit our Why WOR page for more!
Want to know more..
+61 (0) 411 362 644